Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Reading Goals for 2018

Reading Goals For 2018


Last year my goal for reading was very general: read more than the year before.
I barely accomplished this. I read 41 books in 2017, which was only two books more than the year before.

In 2018, I want to be more specific with my reading goals. Not only do I want to increase the number of books I read by at least 1, but I would also like to read specifically and with purpose.  So here is a list of the types of books I am going to attempt to read.  Maybe you would like to follow along?




Here is my list (to be read in no particular order):


  • A book published in 2018
  • A book that is considered a classic that I have not read
  • A non-fiction book about an American historical figure
  • A book for spiritual enlightenment
  • A play by William Shakespeare that I have not yet read
  • A book by a British author
  • A book that has won a prize for excellence
  • A book of poetry
  • A mystery by Louise Penny
  • A book set in a bookshop/library
  • A book that is hot on the YA reading list
  • A book published the year I was born
There are twelve categories.  I plan to tackle one a month.  I will keep you posted about what I've chosen and review the book. 

I think I will start by browsing my own home library and making some selections from books I have not yet read.  That way, I can begin one of my other New Year's resolutions - be more financially responsible!

          



 I hope you make your own reading resolutions for 2018.  Use some, or all of my categories, if you like. I'd love to hear from you, and what you are reading.  Whatever your goals, whatever your choices - Enjoy a wonderful year of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting. Leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts