So, I have been keeping very busy with house projects, part time tutoring and fun times with Bob.
House projects completed so far since last update:
1) had gutters fixed and windows replaced
2(Washed every window in the house inside and out
3) Completed biggest job of organizing and cleaning out garage. This adventure took over a week of solid work. Sorted into save, sell, and toss piles. Had a garage sale ( made a cool $150) Bought some pegboard and assorted hooks and plastic bins. Put everything back in garage in logical places. My husband can now find a tool if and when he ever wants to use one (still hoping on this front). We also decided to display on a separate pegboard his collection of fresh and saltwater fishing rods which includes his very first ever rod and several bamboo fly rods inherited from his dad. We are hoping to go fishing together come the spring. This was an activity we did as newlyweds BK.
4) I've cleaned and organized the kitchen pantry, all kitchen drawers, and organized cupboards
5) Linen closet: tossed older towels into doggie bin, threw out all unessential stuff. Now there's lots of space and it makes it easier to see what's needed
6) Coat closet: done!
Next on list is:
- spice cupboard (nervous to find out how old some of that stuff is :(
- PAINTING - this is our winter project. hope to paint all of the woodwork, including doors so they are all the same color! also need to paint family room, laundry room and sunroom. Might need some marriage counseling after this project
Wish list of projects:
- remove brick patio and re-level ground and replace with new brick! Thought this might be a nice family project...have dropped a few hints but so far only groaning in response
- new flooring (wood laminate) in sunroom which sports indoor outdoor carpeting that is at least 21 years old! Think it's time to replace don't you? Could be another little DIY family project
I have been employed part time at Silver Oaks Learning center for the past year, however when I took a break in December to help my oldest daughter in her recovery from surgery, I decided I really didn't want or need to tutor any more so I have resigned :) Very content with this decision. I thought I would miss teaching but I do not...so much more to be doing. I do still private tutor a student and that seems to be enough for me, at least for now.
I am enjoying discussing lesson planning with my yougest...nice not to have to write them myself though!
- Health improvement still number one on my list. Recently bought a Fitbit electronic pedometer to help me keep track of steps and calories burned...still have a long way to go with this but am feeling motivated at the moment so am going with it
- Creative Writing: I've started a novel working title is A Penney For Your Thoughts... still need to get more disciplined about devoting regular writing time to this project
Probably the best thing about being retired is that I can spend every day with my husband...I am loving all of our time together (we have our stress moments of course) but over all we are having a blast...we have been to Boston, Florida (drive that started on Christmas day) for a family wedding, and next month plan to go to Phili for 3 days.
Of course, I get to see my girls more too although both are involved in their own personal and work lives as it should be.
OK. Did it...one more attempt at blogging ...hopefully won't be the last.