Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Craziness

Hello Dear Readers,
   It has been over a year since my last post; my bad (but my life has been CRAZY!!!!). Retirement is suppose to be that lovely, lazy phase of life where the pace is slow and the days are leisurely.  Ha! that's all I can say about that myth.  Since my last post in March of 2014 much has happened: my youngest daughter got engaged, my oldest daughter bought a new home, my youngest daughter bought her first home, and I've become addicted to Pinterest and the blog world! What, you might ask, does that have to do with me not blogging?  In my world, major life events for my girls become major life events for me and my husband. It has been months and months of house searching, house packing, house moving, house painting, house unpacking, house decorating...you get the picture?  And that's just the half of it.  Then there is the wedding planning...but I will save that for a future post.
   First, the engagement.  Allison, my youngest, met a lovely young man at the dog park when she took Lilly, her beagle, for an outing.  Little did I know that she really first met him on a "match" site on the Internet and arranged to meet at the park.  All worked out well, thank goodness, he turned out to be a very good person.  They instantly (talk about love at first sight) made a connection and the next thing you know they're standing in my dining room telling me they plan to get married!  I really must confess I wasn't all that surprised.  I knew the first time I saw the two of them together that they were meant for each other.  You just can't fake real adoration, and that is what I saw in both of their eyes when they looked at each other.  "Thank God" was my thought.  What more can you wish for your child, than to find her soul mate, the one that completes her, the one who will cherish her.

Here's the lovely couple mugging it up for a selfie:

Craziness will be continued on a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting. Leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts