Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wedding Madness

Good Morning Dear Readers,

Well, we are down to the last push before my daughter's wedding.  Sixteen days to go!  I don't have time to give you lots of detail so I thought I would just share a few photos of recent projects.  I need to get the house in the wedding spirit so I thought I would switch out some spring decorations with some wedding themed decorations.  Here are a few of the results:

Starting with the foyer.  The front door got some white roses in my vintage Saturday Evening Post mail bag:


To the right of the door is a bench that now is filled with wedding albums and paraphernalia from my older daughter's wedding, my wedding, my mom's wedding and my in-laws wedding.  Lace and tulle bind them together into one vignette.


I also replaced the eggs in the vintage egg basket with the headpiece from my bridal veil.  Brought back some lovely memories:



Above the bench, I filled the sewing drawer with pale pink satin (my daughter's wedding color), white lace and several pictures from my parents 1940's wedding.


I updated my birdie on the kitchen windowsill.  Now she is a blushing bride.

 


Onto the dining room.  I've just started there because it is the staging area for all of the reception decorations that will be transferred two days before the event.  Until then I can only decorate a few areas.  I started with the linen dresser.  On top I put a chalkboard and photo vignette  dedicated to Allison and Rob.



That's it for now.  I'm off to make the last payment at the reception venue.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting. Leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts